Building a Legacy Strategy
A brave new world: Starting or relaunching your legacy strategy
Building the foundations of a legacy fundraising strategy can be daunting, with key issues such as identifying the first steps, galvanising internal support, and how to maximise smaller budgets, all vying for time and attention. The session will offer a practical stage-by-stage guide on how to start or re-launch legacy fundraising in your organisation.
- Setting out the framework – developing a simple legacy strategy
- Defining your target audience
- Getting everyone on board – team and board support
- Legacy marketing for smaller budgets
- Stewardship and measuring success
Engaging supporters and internal stakeholders in developing your legacy strategy
An early step in any successful legacy fundraising campaign is to make the best use of the resources you already have, involving supporters, staff and volunteers in its development. We hear from a charity that is working closely with its key audiences to enable them to develop a new legacy giving proposition and rejuvenate its legacy strategy.
- Generating insight from staff, supporters, and volunteers during the creative process
- Testing and developing a new legacy proposition with supporters and volunteers
- Identifying key challenges and opportunities in a new legacy strategy
This section will finish with a Q&A session with all speakers